Vai al contenuto

Some tricholomas

Messaggi raccomandati

Thank you, Peter. Yes, I definitely thought of this option.

Is it right, that T. Basirubens - could be the variation of T. Orirubens, which is also supposed to have some pink color, when it is cut?

Hi Olga

in some mycological guides Tricholoma basirubens is called Tricholoma orirubens variety basirubens: in fact it is considered a variety of the the orirubens species.

Even Tricholoma orirubens variety orirubens has the flesh becoming pinkish when cut or at maturity but the base of stem has some blue or green spots.

Therefore Tricholoma basirubens is a variety of the Tricholoma orirubens.

Piero

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Yes, this is exactly the description of the next set of pictures, that I posted below this! Just there are these blue spots on the stem, that appeared, after the mushrooms were cut.

I checked in the internet about Tricholoma Atrosquamosum and found out, that there is also a variation of it : Tricholoma atrosquamosum var. squarrulosum (Bres.) , which also has peppery smell and scales on its stem. Is there a big difference between them at all?

Olga

you are right. The Tricholoma squarrulosum is a variety of the Tricholoma atrosquamosum with a peppery smell and black scales and black fibrils on the white stem.

The typical habitat of the Tricholoma squarrulosum is deciduous woods while the Tricholoma atrosquamosum habiata are deciduous and coniferous woods.

The major difference between the T. squarrulosum and T. atrosquamosum is the density of the scales in the cap cuticle and in the stem.

The flesh and gills of the T squarrulosun are generally whitish grey while tricholoma atrosquamosus has gills with edge grey or black dotted.

In conclusion the differences between the two species are limited. Both species are edible.

By by

Piero

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Olga I'm not an expert ...

So just a question ....

It's very interesting ... oaks ....

so in autumn and maybe spring in that habitat You find boletus??

I hope aereus ... my favourite!!!!!! :friends:

Hi, Paolo. The mushroom season in Israel depends on the raining season very much. Most of the year, from februar-march, till october-november - we don't have rains at most part of the country at all. An so, we also don't have almost all the kinds of edible mushrooms (excluding some shampinions (agaricus), coprinus, etc., that can grow in gardens, where people pour water).

So, the first boletus (usually it is Boletus Albidus/Radicans) we find in october, after that during november-december there are quite a lot boletuses of different kinds in oak forests, but in january-february they almost dissapear. The one mushroom of similar kind, that continues to grow till spring, is Leccinium Crosipodium (we are not sure, it is the correct definition, because it looks very much like Leccinium Lepidum). Once it was identified by Israel mycologists as a Boletus Crocipodius, but then it was decided, that this mushroom is the only kind of Leccinium family, that we have in Israel.

(Ciao, Paolo. La stagione dei funghi in Israele dipende dalla stagione delle piogge molto. La maggior parte dell'anno, da februar-marzo, fino a ottobre-novembre - nella maggior parte del territorio paese assolutamente senza pioggia. Poiché gran parte dei le specie di funghi commestibili non sono(ad esclusione di alcune shampinions (Agaricus), Coprinus, ecc, che possono crescere in giardini, dove la gente si riversa l'acqua).

Così, il primo porcino (di solito è Boletus Albidus / Radicans) troviamo in ottobre, dopo che nei mesi di novembre-dicembre non ci sono abbastanza boletuses sacco di tipi diversi nei boschi di querce, ma nel gennaio-febbraio quasi a scomparire. Il fungo uno di tipo analogo, che continua a crescere fino a primavera, è Leccinium Crosipodium (non siamo sicuri, è la definizione corretta, perché assomiglia molto Leccinium lepidum). Una volta che è stato rilevato dal Micologi Israele come un Boletus [/ b] Crocipodius, ma poi si è deciso che questo fungo è l'unico tipo di famiglia Leccinium, che abbiamo in Israele.)

Leccinium Crocipodium

f4a99615adad.jpg

27cad94547c5.jpg

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Gracie, Daniele.

Giusto per essere sicuro, ho capito di destra - si pensa, che la prima Tricholomas, che ho postato, sono una specie di Tricholoma Saponaceum, sì?

(Thank you, Daniele.

Just to be sure, that I understand you right - you think, that the first Tricholomas, that I posted -are kind of Tricholoma Saponaceum, yes?)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Olga

my friend Daniele is saying that, while agreing with the determination of the Tricholoma basirubens and Tricholoma squarrulosum, he think that the first two your photos are representing an other species of Tricholoma or Tricholoma saponaceum.

In my answer to Daniele I said that I did not see a smooth cuticle typical of the Tricoloma saponaceum.

Hi Piero

Oh, thank you very much, Piero.

In fact, I thought also, that it can not be Tricholoma Saponaceum because of a smooth cuticle. But a person from our forum, that also told me, it could be T. Saponaceum, told as well, that this Tricoloma can have different variations, some of them have fibrosi or scaly caps.

In our forests T. Saponaceum is quite rare fungi, so I cannot tell for sure, how it looks like in Israel. :(

(Oh, la ringrazio molto, Piero.

In realtà, ho pensato anche che non può essere Tricholoma Saponaceum a causa di una cuticola liscia. Ma una persona dal nostro forum, che mi ha anche detto, potrebbe essere T. Saponaceum, detto così, che questa Tricoloma può avere diverse varianti, alcune delle quali hanno fibrosi o tappi squamose.

Nelle nostre foreste T. Saponaceum funghi è abbastanza raro, quindi non posso dire con certezza, come sembra che in Israele. : ( )

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Hi, Paolo. The mushroom season in Israel depends on the raining season very much. Most of the year, from februar-march, till october-november - we don't have rains at most part of the country at all. An so, we also don't have almost all the kinds of edible mushrooms (excluding some shampinions (agaricus), coprinus, etc., that can grow in gardens, where people pour water).

So, the first boletus (usually it is Boletus Albidus/Radicans) we find in october, after that during november-december there are quite a lot boletuses of different kinds in oak forests, but in january-february they almost dissapear. The one mushroom of similar kind, that continues to grow till spring, is Leccinium Crosipodium (we are not sure, it is the correct definition, because it looks very much like Leccinium Lepidum). Once it was identified by Israel mycologists as a Boletus Crocipodius, but then it was decided, that this mushroom is the only kind of Leccinium family, that we have in Israel.

(Ciao, Paolo. La stagione dei funghi in Israele dipende dalla stagione delle piogge molto. La maggior parte dell'anno, da februar-marzo, fino a ottobre-novembre - nella maggior parte del territorio paese assolutamente senza pioggia. Poiché gran parte dei le specie di funghi commestibili non sono(ad esclusione di alcune shampinions (Agaricus), Coprinus, ecc, che possono crescere in giardini, dove la gente si riversa l'acqua).

Così, il primo porcino (di solito è Boletus Albidus / Radicans) troviamo in ottobre, dopo che nei mesi di novembre-dicembre non ci sono abbastanza boletuses sacco di tipi diversi nei boschi di querce, ma nel gennaio-febbraio quasi a scomparire. Il fungo uno di tipo analogo, che continua a crescere fino a primavera, è Leccinium Crosipodium (non siamo sicuri, è la definizione corretta, perché assomiglia molto Leccinium lepidum). Una volta che è stato rilevato dal Micologi Israele come un Boletus [/ b] Crocipodius, ma poi si è deciso che questo fungo è l'unico tipo di famiglia Leccinium, che abbiamo in Israele.)

Leccinium Crocipodium

f4a99615adad.jpg

27cad94547c5.jpg

Dear Olga

it is very interesting to have information about the mushrooms growing in Israel. Looking at the pictures that you showed it seems to me that the Boletacea is not Leccinum crocipodium which generally has :

a cuticle jellow , jellow olivaceous, brown jellow and superficially cracked;

the stem, lemon at apex , covered in yellows scale that when touched become dark grey;

the flesh is pale yellow and, when cutted, become vinaceous, greysh, black;

the pores are pale yellow, darker at bruising.

The mushrooms in the photo has not these morphological properties.

Instead it looks like Leccinum lepidum as you suggested.

It would be interesting to know the habitat of this Leccinum.

If the trees are oaks probably we have the "classical" Leccinum lepidum that we can find during the entire winter along the coasts of Central and South Italy.

If the tree is Cistus, instead of Lepidum, the mushrooms could be Leccinum corsicum (synonimous Leccinum sardoum).

Regards.

Piero

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Olga

you are right. The Tricholoma squarrulosum is a variety of the Tricholoma atrosquamosum with a peppery smell and black scales and black fibrils on the white stem.

The typical habitat of the Tricholoma squarrulosum is deciduous woods while the Tricholoma atrosquamosum habiata are deciduous and coniferous woods.

The major difference between the T. squarrulosum and T. atrosquamosum is the density of the scales in the cap cuticle and in the stem.

The flesh and gills of the T squarrulosun are generally whitish grey while tricholoma atrosquamosus has gills with edge grey or black dotted.

In conclusion the differences between the two species are limited. Both species are edible.

By by

Piero

Thank you for the detailed answer, Piero. One more little but important question, if you do not mind - is there a danger to confuse between these edible Tricholomas (Astrosquamosum, Sqarrulosum, Orirubens, etc) and some poisonous tricholomas, like Tricholoma Pardinum, for example?

Tricholoma Pardinum is not listed in our local books, but understand, that the Tricholomas, we discuss here, are not listed also. Is it possible to confuse between them?

(La ringrazio per la risposta dettagliata, Piero. Un po 'di più, ma importante questione, se non ti dispiace - c'è un pericolo di confondere tra questi commestibili Tricholomas (Astrosquamosum, Sqarrulosum, Orirubens, ecc) ed alcuni tricholomas velenosi, come Tricholoma pardinum [/ b], per esempio ?

Tricholoma pardinum non è elencato nei nostri libri di locali, ma capire, che il Tricholomas, di cui discutiamo qui, non sono elencati anche. È possibile confondere tra loro?)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Thank you for the detailed answer, Piero. One more little but important question, if you do not mind - is there a danger to confuse between these edible Tricholomas (Astrosquamosum, Sqarrulosum, Orirubens, etc) and some poisonous tricholomas, like Tricholoma Pardinum, for example?

Tricholoma Pardinum is not listed in our local books, but understand, that the Tricholomas, we discuss here, are not listed also. Is it possible to confuse between them?

(La ringrazio per la risposta dettagliata, Piero. Un po 'di più, ma importante questione, se non ti dispiace - c'è un pericolo di confondere tra questi commestibili Tricholomas (Astrosquamosum, Sqarrulosum, Orirubens, ecc) ed alcuni tricholomas velenosi, come Tricholoma pardinum [/ b], per esempio ?

Tricholoma pardinum non è elencato nei nostri libri di locali, ma capire, che il Tricholomas, di cui discutiamo qui, non sono elencati anche. È possibile confondere tra loro?)

Olga

nn my opinion is very difficult to confuse the Tricholoma atrosquamosum (and others cited by you) with Tricholoma pardinum.

T. pardinum normally has:

1) a bigger shape than the other "black" tricholoma

2) the stem of the T. pardinum is normally harder, clavate and elastic not fragile as the other black Tricholoma

3) the gills are white initially with blue reflexes, then jallowish

4) the flesh is withish in the cap but often at the base of the stem there are some rose spot

5) the flesh smell of flour (not spicy); the flavour of the flesh is sweet.

6) the cuticle of the cap is broken in scales greysh-brown.

Ciao (By, By)

Piero

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Olga

nn my opinion is very difficult to confuse the Tricholoma atrosquamosum (and others cited by you) with Tricholoma pardinum.

T. pardinum normally has:

1) a bigger shape than the other "black" tricholoma

2) the stem of the T. pardinum is normally harder, clavate and elastic not fragile as the other black Tricholoma

3) the gills are white initially with blue reflexes, then jallowish

4) the flesh is withish in the cap but often at the base of the stem there are some rose spot

5) the flesh smell of flour (not spicy); the flavour of the flesh is sweet.

6) the cuticle of the cap is broken in scales greysh-brown.

Ciao (By, By)

Piero

Very well, I see.
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

C'è un mix di specie... la prima foto nn si può dire oviiamente se è lo stesso esemplare della seconda allora ok x orirubens

Gli altri sono atrosquamosus e il leccino è un lepidum.

ciao

Hi, Artu... I'm sorry, but I didn't understand part of your post. What is orirubens? The photos in the first post are? And something else? And atrosquamosum - is in the third set of tricholoma photographs, yes?

About Leccinium Lepidum - as far as I know, there is a Leccinium variation, which is called Leccinum crocipodium var. lepidum (H. Bouchet ex Essette) Bon

(Ciao, Artu ... Mi dispiace, ma non ho capito una parte del tuo post. Che cos'è orirubens? Le foto del primo post sono? E qualcosa d'altro? E atrosquamosum - è nel terzo set di fotografie Tricholoma, sì?

A proposito di Leccinium lepidum - per quanto ne so, vi è una variazione Leccinium, che si chiama Leccinum crocipodium var. lepidum (H. Bouchet ex Essette) Bon

Modificato da Olga
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti